Monday, June 16, 2008

Andrew H

I’m almost at the point where being here seems natural – instead of “being
in India!” I’m “just….in india…” if that makes sense. I’ve noticed that
TBG has been a pretty big influence on my trip so far… Monisha and I hung
out for the first few days which was awesome—we visited some of the
touristy places and went shopping, and we talked to annemieke. Even more,
a lot of my work so far has been reformatting and writing education
materials – very deliverable-reminiscent! The schools that we work with
have just started up so now our work is getting more interesting, and my
photography project is really taking off!

If you were here you’d go crazy over your sidewalk walking thing, there
really would have to be four of you to keep anyone safe. We end up
crossing big streets one lane at a time but there aren’t really lanes so
cars drive by within two or three inches of your feet, in the rain,
splashing puddles of muddy water everywhere… lol. it’s great. You would
also definitely make your “ohhh..” sad
disappointed-why-does-this-always-happen-to-me face a lot – all of the
hilarious language mix ups, flash flooding, soccer balls at the beach
rolling over used condoms and then hitting couples in the middle of not so
private make out sessions... yesterday we were transporting our old dirty
ugly filters back to our ritzy apartment building, and in the process of
trying to clean them in the rain our security guard friend came out and
politely told us that an American was coming, and would we please get out
of view! Lol. And someone asked me directions today and by some miracle he
asked about the one place I knew! So far my giving good directions record
is 2 for 3.

Anyway, we’re off to celebrate our friend’s birthday – hope all is well
and write backw hen you can!

No comments: